September 15, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to this Photo

As I leaned over a railing to snap some shots of this pretty girl,
Inquisitive
a curious elderly man approached: "What are you taking pictures of?" (me) "A duck, -see?" (elderly man looks) "The males are much better looking." (me) "I think she is cute." (elderly man) "Cute. huh. You need to give her some bread." (me) "I know! I feel terrible that I don't have any with me!" (elderly man) "Give her your gum." ...(me) "Uhm, I don't think that would be very good for her." (elderly man) "Yes, but it would be good for you!"

I'm trying to decide if he meant that chewing gum was bad for me, or if a photo of a gum chewing duck would be extra nice...

2 comments:

  1. she is lovely! and he sounds like 'the odd duck' {is that an expression over there ~ it is here!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's an expression here too. He probably thought I was the odd duck! :)

    ReplyDelete